2018 Conference Theme
Teaching in the disciplines: connections, disconnections and contestations
Models of teaching are often based on general understandings about learning; yet most degree programmes are structured to develop student expertise in particular subject areas and professions.
At this year’s learning and teaching conference, we will put the spotlight on the links between teaching and the subject disciplines: we will explore the relationship between how we teach and what we teach.
We invite submissions that do one of the following:
- Highlight distinctive approaches to teaching, learning or assessment that have been developed to promote subject-related knowledge, values, attributes or skill-sets.
- Explore or illustrate ways in which teaching or learning support have been designed to span, extend, or even subvert disciplinary affiliation.
Peer review criteria
All proposals will be peer reviewed against the following four criteria:
- Engagement with the conference theme
- Clarity of content and presentation
- Potential for participation and engagement as part of proposed session
- Relevance to the wider UAL community